Monday, June 14, 2004

16 Hours left in the USA

Once again, I return to Washington DC. My sister's family and I arrived just an hour ago.

I prepare myself for contrast. Last evening I was at my parents' anniversary party; an event about as far removed from where I am headed as I can imagine. It was beautiful and heartwarming. I shot video for my parents, and tested the gear I will be relying on for months to come.

It's amazing how cameras can come to feel like friends. The DVX100a is more of an acquaintance for me now, but one I am looking forward to getting to know better. I also just got my first professional level microphone yesterday (thanks to certain producer in San Francisco that is helping me out..) The difference was outstanding. I literally cannot wait to acquire. And I really don't have to wait much longer!

Deadlines are amazing too. You are forced to do things.. things you want to do, but also want to prepare for more. But when the deadline comes.. suddenly you just make things happen. I love the feeling when everything comes together.

I are my last dinner in the USA at MacDonalds. I haven't been to one in months; I almost never go, except for when I'm on the road. I sent out an email asking the people I know to send me a question they want me to ask the refugees. My buddy Mike wanted me to ask people if they had ever eaten a Big Mac, and if not, do they want to. I honestly can say I could live the rest of my life without ever eating another one, and not feel that I was missing anything.

Off to sleep (I have this blog set to an African time-zone).
David
____ ____ ____ ____

Imagine the sunset from the sun's point of view.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home