Saturday, May 28, 2005

12 Hours till USA Departure

I meant to update this page sooner, but the last couple of days have been a whirlwind.

First of all, I worked out the insurance with Taylor & Taylor. I got a worldwide equipment floater instead of a production policy. All my gear is covered, but I'm losing the liability coverage and some other perks I had with the ASMP policy However, at 1/5 of the price of a production policy, I can live with it, especially as international liability probably wouldn't have been covered anyway.

I am now the proud owner of a Zeiss Mk1 9.5mm Superspeed, apparently the first one ever brought into the USA, a "dazzler" as the previous owner, Bob Elfstrom, called it. The lens shot many episodes of NOVA, entire docs, and spots for National Geographic. I got a great feeling about this purchase, and Bob is a wonderful man. He did, however, also make me purchase the matching 25mm Superspeed, in Aaton mount, to get the 9.5. So, if anyone wants to buy a 25mm Mk1 Zeiss Superspeed, let me know when I get back. Props to John Chater, another CML members, for leading me to Bob.

I have the whole rough cut of the doc in Final Cut on my laptop, so that will be helpful in Meheba.

I've got a few last items to put in storage today, on my way to drop off my car in a garage for the summer. Some Forgies have agreed to help me take stuff over to Africa, so things are coming together at the last minute, bit by bit. Thanks to the people who have, in one way or another, made it happen. You know who you are.

Next entry from London.
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home