Friday, June 03, 2005

London

It's my last evening in London, so it's time for another update.

I got here without too much trouble. Got the remainder of my stuff and my car into storage, finished packing, and got to the airport with time to spare, extra actually, as my flight was delayed in departure. Having this letter helped me at the security checkpoint:
http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editorial/editorial_1035.xml
I definitely recommend anybody traveling with motion picture film bring it along.
Also helpful was the fact that another Bay Area filmmaker had apparently taken a large motion picture film package through security at SFO a few weeks ago, and some of the same people had worked that shift as were working mine. It was a Star something or other film, the last in a series; maybe you've heard of it.. :p

London has been gray most of my time here, so I didn't get to roll off any short ends - I guess I'll use em in Paris. I was kind of busy anyway. I had to buy a new suitcase to replace the one the was destroyed on the flight over (zipper ripped off the side). I took my new 9.5mm lens to ICE Film - the Aaton agent for the UK - to check to make sure it was in good working order. It wasn't. Focus was slipping, and it needs overhauled before Zambia. ICE has the lens now, and I'm going to pick it up the morning of the 13th, along with my film, which one of my sister's friends here is storing while I go to Paris. The 13th is going to be a very interesting day.

So is tomorrow, as I take the chunnel to Paris for the first time.

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home