Monday, June 21, 2004

Last Night in Jo-Burg

It's my last night here in Jo-Burg. The Botswana group has already taken off, and in 12 hours we too will be headed out for the next stage in our adventure - Lusaka, Zambia. I think we are ready! We have had a couple of days to acclimate to Africa, each other, and the idea of what we are about to embark upon. We have trained together, talked together, and brought up the level of mutual excitement. Anyway, it doesn't matter if we are ready, because the time has come to go. Now, we have each other though, and that makes it easier to move forward.

I've shot over a dozen interviews so far, and will be doing some more in Lusaka. Through the interviews I've come to believe that the group I'm with has a realistic approach to what we are doing, and that makes me more comfortable with it. I think we are all going to learn a lot, and we are looking forward to that.

So, off to our last dinner in Jo-Burg. Next entry should be from Zambia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home