Monday, October 25, 2004

Progress and Additional Projects

Things ingested in the last week include:

Interviews with:
Petois - Congolese (DRC) Refugee
Zezito - a key "senior" Angolan refugee assisting the Forge program implement its projects.
Madame Chama - a Zambian teacher at Meheba High School
Tom Silverman - Forge Volunteer
Joseph - Angolan Refugee

I've also started to move beyond interviews with my digitizing. Some scenes ingested include:
Planning and contruction of the sports league facilities.
Arianna and Tom meeting with the High School's AIDS awareness club upon arrival.
Arianna teaching HIV education classes at Meheba High School.
Angolan refugees attending a UNHCR field meeting on repatriation.
The final "People's Dance" (Saturday evening entertainment) Forge attended at Meheba High School.
Tom giving a guided tour of Meheba High School

I also digitized something else that may lead to a side project..
During the magic hour of the evening of the final People's Dance, I took 2 of the school choir groups out into the fields and recorded each one doing 5 songs. Some of the vocals are amazing. I am considering releasing a DVD / AudioCD of this material prior to the larger "Zambian Forge" documentary. I also recorded people singing at both a Catholic Confirmation Mass and at the "New Covenant Church". I have not digitized these groups yet, but they may also find a place on the DVD, tentatively called "Choirs of Meheba".

So, lots going on. I will be adding more storage to my computer system within 2 weeks to accomodate it all!

Ciao
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home