Friday, December 17, 2004

Tough Week

Well, some weeks are better than others..
This past week I encountered my first major system failure with the project. FCPHD started generating system panics when launching my project. I still don't know why. After days of calling the useless Apple tech support system, writing to sfcutters, and calling friends, everything is up and running again. The kicker? I didn't fix it, I bypassed it. Meaning, I have no idea what caused the problem, or if it's still a ghost in the machine waiting to reemerge again..

I am, however, back up and I didn't lose any data. I am really thankful for the number of backup systems I have in place.

Of course, other things have developed in parallel. I recut my demo reel and sent it off to the hosting agency to place online. It now begins with the ZF trailer. I'm still looking for an independent place to host it, but at least I know it will be up somewhere soon.

All of the footage from the USA, South Africa, and up through our first week in Meheba is now digitized. Obviously a lot more is digitized as well, but it's great to have that solid block of 24 tapes finished.

Most importantly, my buddy odell is now officially on board to cut together the FORGE promotional video in January. He is arriving in SF on the 6th of Jan. from NYC. and will be here for a minimum of 1 month. He will also be working on cutting together scenes for the feature. Having a full-time editor working with me is really going to drive the progress forward. Check out odell's website.
http://www.dvdell.com/dvdell.html

In less than 48 hours I am leaving for Pittsburgh PA for the holidays. Hilary will continue working on my system while I am away, and I have more still photo editing I can do on my Mother's G4 iMac while I am there, in addition to watching all of these DVDs I have been making on a nice big TV.

Next update from PGH,
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home