Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Lusaka

Today was quite a day. We met with the UNHCR head for this part of Africa, the vice-Ambassador at the US embassy, the head of refugee issues for Zambia, and a few others along the way. I got to shoot video of all these people, and all of them were quite excited about our project. They were also very friendly and personable people.

There's nothing like crusing through town in UN vehicles! I have to admit, I liked the feeling. The UN presence here is bigger than any other place I've ever been.

Tomorrow we are supposed to head north to Solwezi - the closest town to the refugee settlement we are headed to. News there - we will be in Solwezi every Friday from 10am to 5pm local time, and we will have a cell phone available that we can be called on. The number is:
26097484194 (plus international dialing codes for Zambia). Maybe I'll hear from you sometime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home