Thursday, December 15, 2005

Fine Cut Finished

I feel somehow like this should be a bigger entry than it's going to be, but be that as it may, here it comes..

The Sunday after Thanksgiving I returned to Santa Monica with odell. He spent another 2 weeks here working non-stop. We intergrated a lot of the film footage, created a new ending for the film, and did a whole lot of other additional work. As he left, I watched our film through and for the first time.. I felt comfortable. No, it's not done yet, but for the first time I watched "Zambian Forge" and thought to myself that nothing was broken. The editorial is working. Sure, not all of the cuts are 100%; we still need sound design, new graphics, color corrections, etc. There is still a lot of work to do. But, for the first time, I feel that the story is complete. It's working. And I like it.

Today I began mailing screeners out.. to FORGE, and to the Forgies in the doc. Over the next month I will host several test screenings to gauge how an audience will react to this film we have made. There will probably be some revisions, but my hope is that they will be minor ones compared to all of the work we did to get to this point. I'm ready to start looking for distribution.

Today I also got some contact information for Angelina Jolie. I'm hoping she will be willing to do an intro for the film.. we'll see.. Hopefully UNHCR will like it too! I'm still hoping to show "Zambian Forge" on World Refugee Day. Almost 6 months away.. so far, but yet so short, for a premier..

Happy Holidaze everyone.
David Mallin
Cloudchaser Films LLC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home