Sunday, October 23, 2005

Odell's First Week

odell has been working with me now for just under a week, and a lot has happened.
We have mostly been working on the first part of the film. Scenes in the first 40 minutes have been added, cut, reordered, and reworked. Generally, everything is getting better and more cohesive. We are doing our best to elimate everything that is unnecessary, as we have so much great material that still can be worked in.

Unfortunately, the S16 material is still in limbo. I got the second file from Bono, which did look a bit sharper than the first, but was mostly the same. I ordered a 24" Dell flat panel to use as a HD monitor with the Blackmagic card, so once that arrives, we should really be able to see what the footage is like through the monitor's component inputs.
On Friday, portions of my Semester at Sea and Hawaii transfers were digitized from their HDcam tapes by VideoArts in San Francisco. (Another 450 GBs of data!) I will get that data on Monday, so we will be able to see what HD looks like on my system from a different source, which will be informative. Some of the Africa shots are also going into the film.
I also have sent another hard drive, along with the test negative, up to SpyPost in San Francisco to perform a side-by-side comparison of the same material. I look forward to seeing that.

David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home