Thursday, January 12, 2006

Work to Do in 2006

"Zambian Forge" is close to done, really really close. A few edits to be made, sound and color to work on, but mostly the production chapter is closing on this film, and it's time to concentrate on festivals and distribution.

I need to get some stuff done, and I need some people to help me. If you are or know a person who fits one of these descriptions, let's get in touch.

1. A website designer to create a new Cloudchaser Films LLC page, and a Zambian Forge page.
2. A logo designer to create a logo and branding for Cloudchaser Films LLC.
3. A sound designer to lead the audio post on Zambian Forge.
4. An intern to help with festival mailings and that kind of thing.
5. Anyone involved with distribution that might like to get involved - connections to Landmark Theatre chains, PBS, & National Geographic would be especially interesting.

There are a few pennies for the right people.

Other interesting things to note..
I published a telecine review on CML describing some of my experiences attempting direct to disk telecine. It can be seen here:
http://www.cinematography.net/digitk/digitk.htm
I've been told this article was also published in Showreel magazine( http://www.showreel.org/index.php ), I think Issue 9, but I haven't seen it myself, so I'm not sure yet.
I am sure that I was contracted by DV magazine (DV.com) to write an article about bringing film into the digital space on Zambian Forge. This is finished and slated to be published in the April Issue. I will post more details when it comes out.

Kjerstin was able to take a look at the fine cut of Zambian Forge before heading back to Zambia last week. She gave the FORGE sign-off for the project, which is comforting. First contact with USA for UNHCR has been made, but no more info yet.

I think that's it for now.
David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home